Joining the Network:
1) Any women citizens or residents in Yemen has the right to join the network from inside or outside the country, and the current members can suggest inviting other new members ensuring that any interested member believes in WSN work and values.
2) There are two kinds of membership: an individual personal membership, and a membership under the organization’s name.
3) After applying the member is added to the group email list.
1) Any member has the right to withdraw from the network at any time, and she has to report her withdrawal formally explaining the reasons.
2) The Peace Track Initiative has the right to end the membership of any member who committed actions that stand against the goal and the values of the network, or violated human rights according to national laws and international covenants. The decision of the cancellation will be sent to the member formally, and she reserves the right to appeal the decision in a written way accompanied with the reasons. A committee of members from the Women Solidarity Network will be formed to look into the appeal, and to issue a final written decision regarding her reinstatement or cancellation.
Membership responsibilities and duties:
1) Members should show their interest in volunteering to achieve the network goals.
2) Members should show respect for the network values.
3) Members should work to improve the network’s performance, and to support it through their personal ways individually or through their organizations.
4) Members should interact by discussing issues that will be raised, and they should express their opinions without fear of judgement, and without the use of hate speech.
5) Members should share information related to the goals of the network, especially information related to their work individually or through their organizations or the bodies they represent, which are in line with our goals as a network.
6) Members are expected to participate in disseminating network information, and to promote network messages and goals through social media pages and the websites of their organizations, as well as through their interactions in the national,regional and international forums.
7) All members “ representatives of organizations, and members who joined on behalf of their organizations” can add the logo of solidarity and write "The organization (name of the organization) is a member of the Women Solidarity Network" on the websites of their organizations.
8) Members can use the Women Solidarity Network logo, however, the Peace Track initiative must be notified to ensure that the logo is used in an activity, a publication, or a product that is in line with the network goals.
9) Members who participate in local, regional and international platforms, who represent the Women Solidarity Network must communicate with the Peace Track Initiative to notify about their participation, and to coordinate advocacy messages which will be presented, and to summarize the results to the network members.
1) Members have the right to share the information in line with the network goals.
2) Members have the right to participate in any working groups created to discuss specific issues.
3) Members can present ideas and projects to support the network's work and vote on the raised issues.
4) Members have the right to request solidarity for their own or for cases they are involved in. Members should notify Peace Track Initiative by writing of this kind of request and can lead on drafting a solidarity statement which PTI can support and revise and obtain approval for issuing.
5) The membership that represents the organization is entitled to ask for participating in the technical coordination of the WSN’s work, to prepare projects for supporting the network, and to seek funding for this;Peace Track initiative should be notified to coordinate all the efforts.
6) In regional or international platforms participation, members have the right to communicate with Women Solidarity network other members to ask for information and advice on issues of concern to the network.
Principles and rules for dialogue and work:
1) The Women Solidarity Network seeks to create safe spaces for dialogue and discussion, and accordingly, the discussion groups in WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter that belong to the Women Solidarity Network must be a safe space in which members can participate without fear of negative criticism, judgement, issuing prejudices, accusations, treason, or hatred speech.
2) It is strictly prohibited to disclose information, or what members publish within groups, or to copy, photograph or send them to other groups or individuals who are not members of the network.
3) Differences in political opinion, diversity in identities, must be respected. The members recognize that there are political differences and that we also have common ground when it comes to women’s rights.
4) The use of social media which lacks the direct human interaction, may lead to misunderstanding, therefore, it is imperative for members to assume goodwill and act positively with any proposition and not be drawn into escalation or provocation.
5) It is strictly prohibited to publish any unconfirmed information, rumors, inflammatory publications, hatred speech, and any information that does not match with the goals of the network. The network encourages the publication of information about members’ working in line with the network goals, sharing opportunities, studies, and other useful information.
6) Any member who does not respect the above rules will be excluded from the group, and she can be reinstated after an apology is presented and a pledge not to repeat the violation of the these dialogue rules.
7) If any member is threatened due to the transmission of her participation in a discussion of the Women solidarity Network, it will be dealt with firmly with the person who caused that threat, and she will be expelled from the network after verification of ill doing.
8) Members can report any wrongdoing of these rules by taking a photo of it and sending it to the Peace Track Initiative staff that manages the groups, and accordingly PTI will investigate and take necessary measures.